Tuesday, May 12, 2009

McLennan FEAR FACTOR

This is the time of year I get inspired to create new and interesting dishes.
I love surprising my family with things that aren’t typically served here.

As a result, we occasionally play a little food game at our house called
“McLennan Fear Factor”.

No slimy bugs or anything crazy – but sometimes a fun little game can encourage someone (adults included)
to try a food or flavors they would not ordinarily try.
Because the McLennan’s always taste test
(for adults and children alike) our Take Off Thursday menus,
I was interested to see the response for this week’s menu.
I must say – I got some raised eyebrows over this one…something new indeed~


Their hesitation didn’t last long when they began to smell the smells coming from the kitchen!
Then the moans after the first bite…

I am happy to say – this dish certainly did away with any uncertainty.
No Fear Factor needed here!

Grilled Steak Tostadas with
Southwestern Slaw & Salsa Verde

Flour tortilla flash fried,a blend of Mexican cheeses, marinated grilled flank steak
topped with a tangy slaw made from a trio of cabbage, snow peas & apples in a lime crema
and served with Salsa Verde.

It will delight every single taste bud in your mouth!

Tostada (slaw & salsa included) $13.50
Black beans & Rice $ 3.00


Please email me with your order by 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday May 13th
or call me with questions at 404.846.9144


Pick up after NOON on Thursday May 14th
We accept cash or check